So as we apparently draw closer to the end of the world I thought I would make a quick little list of random planetary alignment effects as the world comes to an end. You can either have these randomly happen or choose to have them occur on bi-monthly basis until the world happens to end.
- Magic Flares: as the world draws closer to an end and magical energies begin to surge erratically. Spells have a 10% spell failure chance.
- Living Magic: spell books, scrolls, potions and other various magical tools begin animating as is interesting.
- Soul Storms: zombies and skeletons start animating everyplace as the boundaries between the afterlives weakens and souls start slipping out.
- Cursed healing: when a persons wounds are magically healed the wound heals back with some far realm feature. Consider extra eyes nubby tendrils and rings of teeth.
- Blood red eclipse: a red tinted eclipse falls over the world and any creature without at least low light vision has trouble seeing.
- Torn from the loom: the material plane unravels from the cosmology and planar travel becomes impossible. Non home plane specific divine magic stops working.